Additional Estate Resources
The following resources are available and may be used by fiduciaries in addition to professional legal advice:
- Sections 64.2-200 through 64.2-619, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended.
- Virginia Probate Handbook (2014-2015 Edition), Frank O. Brown, Jr., Esq. (Henrico County Court Library);
- Harrison on Wills (4th edition), James P. Cox, III, Editor (Henrico County Court Library);
- Estate and Trust Administration, James P. Cox, III (Henrico County Court Library);
- Manual for Commissioners of Accounts (Fifth Edition) (Available at the University of Richmond law library) (also available for purchase through the Virginia Law Foundation Continuing Legal Education Committee).
- Estate administration attorneys (check online listings for specialties of lawyers).
- Certified Public Accounts (check online listings under accountants)
- www.irs.gov (obtaining federal ID number for the estate)
- The Supreme Court of Virginia website for fiduciary forms (all filing forms required by an administrator or executor)
- Office of Henrico County Commissioner of Accounts, (804) 346-4700.
- www.co.henrico.va.us for tax assessed value of Henrico County real estate (click on “Real Estate Property Information).